Monday 8 April 2019

Analytical /Critical Reflection

Throughout this trimester, I would say CVE 1281 as a whole has enabled me to look further into my writing which I did not have high confidence in previously. Working with peers during the lessons have helped me to develop further and also made learning more enjoyable. The feedbacks we provided to each other were helpful. I was able to see from different perspectives and further encouraged me to develop my writing to a new level. I believe I have taken myself out of my comfort zone many times to complete some of the writing tasks. Apart from improving my writing, I also developed my presentation skills by using methods such as 'Monroe's Motivated Sequence' which I learned during lesson. I can confidently say that during the oral presentation, I used all five steps of Monroe’s to attract the audience effectively.

The very first challenge we faced after being assigned in the group was, what will be our area of research. Following on; how to organise the workload of the report. Initially, we decided to do the report together in Google Docs. Due to our hectic schedule with other modules, we decided to divide the job into smaller pieces and assigned respective parts among us. Overall, the report has been a challenging experience. Doing a proposal report from scratch is indeed very rewarding and could not have been achieved without each member of the group contributing. As a whole, I am delighted with the outcome of our report. With the skills, I have gained from both in the lessons and the report. I would say that I am fairly confident of being able to do the IWSP report in the coming trimesters. 

Since I was one of the committee members of the showcase, I was fortunate enough to hear all the six presentations from our coursemates. I liked the ideas of both the Energy Savers and the Night Owls. Both teams presented well on pitching their products with supplementation of slides which were simple and easy to understand. I felt both the innovation was unique and sustainable. And would like to mention that both the judges Dr Ong and Ms Pavi asked excellent questions and gave valuable feedbacks for the team to look into.




Commented on Jordan and Yuan Lin post on 8th April 2019.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Akram,

    I am happy for your learning in effective communication. It was my pleasure reading your blog posts for the past 13 weeks. Keep up the good work!

    Thank you for making sure the event went smoothly at the Presentation Showcase.

    Cheers,
    Lu Sheng

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Akram, for this comprehensive, detailed reflection, and for your extraordinary effort throughout this term. I really appreciate how much you have done for your project team in terms of guidance, for Group 4 in terms of providing a model of engagement in the lessons, and for the presentation showcase. You have gone well beyond the call of duty. Great effort!

    ReplyDelete